Friday, Sept. 13-Sunday, Sept. 15
- Festival Mexicano. Join for the 50th celebrations of West Michigan’s Mexican community, featuring wonderful music and delicious food. When: Friday, Sept. 13-Sunday, Sept.15 Where: Calder Plaza Entry: Free. Click for more information.
Saturday, Sept. 14
- Westside StreetFair 2019. This family-centric community event is a chance to get outside and see all that the WestSide has to offer by highlighting the businesses, non-profits of this burgeoning side of town. When: Saturday, Sept. 14, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Where: First Street by Rockford Construction. Entry: Free. Click for more information.
- Mayor’s River Cleanup. Join WMEAC for the 16th Annual Mayor’s River Cleanup, followed by lunch, beverages and a live musical performance. When: Saturday, Sept. 14, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Where: 6th Street Park. Entry: Free. Click for more information.
- Free Cooking Class: Pasta and Sauce. Join renowned local chef, Jenna Arcidiacono as she demonstrates how to make handmade pasta and basic tomato sauce. First come, first serve! When: Saturday, Sept. 14, 2-3 p.m., doors at 1:30 p.m.Where: Amore Trattoria Italiana. Entry: Free. Click for more information.
Sunday, Sept. 15
- Open Projector Night Showcase. This 98 minute program features award winning short films including animation, fiction, and documentary works with a connection to the state of Michigan, in either content, location, or crew. The films to be featured this Sunday have all been awarded the “People’s Choice Award” through UICA’s Open Projector Night program. When: Sunday, Sept. 15, 3-5 p.m., Where: UICA . Entry: $5/members;$10/non-members. Click for more information.