With summer just around the corner, it’s time to gear up for all of those backyard BBQ’s. One of my favorite crowd pleasing appetizers are these bacon, lettuce, and tomato cups that are a texture explosion in your mouth. They are light and fresh, but jam packed with flavor. They bring all of the things you love about the classic BLT, but without the carbohydrates making them perfect for anyone on a ketogenic diet.
Aside from a show stopping presentation, these keto BLT cups are so easy to put together and require no complicated ingredients. You can also make them ahead of time and take one less task off your menu list! The only thing you have to worry about with these fun and delicious appetizers is not running out of them at your party. They will fly off your serving dishes and your guests will be begging you to make more!
Keto BLT Ingredients
- Bacon – applewood, smoked or preferred bacon of choice
- Lettuce – romaine or iceberg
- Tomato – cherry tomatoes
- Greek Yogurt – plain, full fat yogurt
- Lemon – zest and juice of one lemon
- Seasonings – Green Goddess blend, salt, and pepper
How to Make Keto BLT
Form bacon cups in a cupcake holder and bake until crispy
Fill with lettuce and cut cherry tomatoes
Drizzle with homemade ranch to serve
Storing, Freezing, and Reheating Keto BLT
These keto BLT cups are best served the same day, otherwise the bacon can lose some of its crispness. If you have leftovers, you can disassemble them and store the ingredients separately. To reheat, simply heat the bacon in the oven at 350F until warmed and crisp. Then build the BLT cups.
Keto BLT FAQs
Can these keto BLT cups be prepared ahead of time?
Yes! Simply cook the bacon cups ¾ of the way through ahead of time and prepare the dressing up to 5 days ahead. When ready to serve, finish the bacon off in the oven for 5-10 minutes and build the rest of the appetizer with the lettuce, tomato, and dressing.
Can I use a different dressing with these keto BLT cups?
Yes! Use any dressing you prefer. It would also be fun to offer a variety of different BLT cups with a variety of dressings and toppings such as avocado and herbs.
Will these keto BLT cups work with prosciutto?
Keto BLT Sandwich
Enioy this fun low carb twist on a classic sandwich favorite. These keto BLT cups are perfect for a lunch, afternoon snack, or even as an appetizer!
- Author: Corina Nielsen
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 BLT cups 1x
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon (zest and juice reserved)
- 2 teaspoons Green Goddess seasoning (or use 1/2 teaspoon dill, 1/2 teaspoon chives, 1/2 teaspoon tarragon, and 1/2 teaspoon parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado (optional)
- Prepare dressing by adding Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and seasonings to a small bowl. Whisk well until smooth. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Add 1 slice of bacon to the bottom of each muffin tin, wrapping it slightly up the sides to form a small cup. Bake for 20 minutes until crispy. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- When bacon is cool to the touch, add each bacon cup to a large plate or serving dish. Fill with lettuce, tomatoes, and a drizzle of dressing. Garnish with avocado if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 BLT cup
- Calories: 79
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: keto blt